Following the launch of our new syllabuses for our Certified Tester – Infrastructure (CCT INF) and Certified Tester – Application (CCT APP) exams, we wanted to share with you our next set of exciting updates to these exams.
What are the upcoming changes?
The major updates for both the CCT INF and CCT APP exams are detailed on the new webpages for both exams and for which we have provided links for below. In addition to the updated syllabuses and content, we have also:
- Increased the choice of locations: all elements of the exam are being delivered with our exams delivery partner, Pearson VUE, meaning candidates can take the exams at over 1,100 Pearson VUE centres at locations around the globe
- Changed the exam components: the certification has been divided into two parts: a multiple choice & written scenario exam - note the scenario element will no longer be combined with the practical element - and a separate practical exam
- Created great flexibility in the approach: candidates are now able to pick the order in which they take the components of the exam
- Ensured the whole exam can be concluded within a day: candidates can now book to sit both the written and practical elements of the exam on the same day; and
- Changed the use of own machine and tooling: candidates will in future be able to access tooling within the Pearson VUE exam environment rather than bringing their own laptops, supported by access to the toolset ahead of the exam and the ability to upload materials in advance to assist you when taking the exams.
Information on these latest updates can be found on our dedicated webpages at:
CREST Certified Tester - Infrastructure
CREST Certified Tester - Application
If you are already on your CCT INF or CCT APP journey this update doesn’t apply to you yet and you can find the information you require by viewing these pages:
Hotel-based CREST Certified Tester - Infrastructure
Hotel-based CREST Certified Tester - Application
Next updates to watch out for
- Updated syllabuses for the Certified Simulated Attack Specialist (CCSAS) and Certified Simulated Attack Manager (CCSAM) exams
Please continue to keep an eye on this page and refer back to it in future.
We will be updating this page each time a new update takes place, as well as sending out communications via email and on social media, so be sure to return to this page to see the latest updates.
New syllabuses launched for Certified Tester – Infrastructure (CCT INF) and Certified Tester – Application (CCT APP) exams.
The new syllabuses have been extensively evaluated to ensure they maintain CREST’s rigorous standards. They have been modernised with 3 new topic areas and many new skills added or updated in the existing topic areas, all of which have been reviewed by our focus groups, Assessors and against global frameworks.
You can view the new syllabuses by clicking the following links:
If you are already on your CCT INF or CCT APP journey this syllabus update doesn’t apply to you yet and you can find the information you require by viewing these pages:
The launch of the new syllabuses is the first step in our updates to both CCT INF and CCT APP. Shortly there will be further communications about changes to the exams themselves. This will include both significantly updated content and a change in the delivery methods to enable both elements of the exams to be taken at Pearson VUE test centres around the world instead of hotels.
The details for which centres the exams will be available at, and from when, will be announced at a later date. For the time being the practical element of the exam can still be conducted at UK-based hotels.
Our exams are getting a fresh new look in 2024.
Following the recent update to the CREST Registered Penetration Tester (CRT) exam and our dedication to enhancing and updating our exams, we are excited to share that, in 2024, we will be implementing significant changes to several exams under the penetration testing and simulated attack specialisms.
The changes will include:
The upcoming changes will ultimately improve the overall experience of CREST candidates. However, if you fall into one of the following categories, we encourage you to book and take the current exam as soon as possible to minimise the impact of the transition:
We will be sharing detailed information on all the changes in early 2024 and on what this means to you, so stay tuned!
In the meantime, we wish you all a joyous festive season and a resounding success in the new year.